Storm clouds are starting to roll in
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment extended its decline, slipping to 59 degrees
- The decline is moderating but all segments are still trending lower
- Overall activity hasn’t been this low since April 2020
- Memory has fallen to October 2019 levels and isn’t showing any signs of improvement as chipmakers continue to trim utilization rates to digest the built-up inventories
- Digital Consumer and Subcons/Advanced Packaging have dipped to May 2020 levels while Mobile slipped to July 2019 levels
- Macroeconomic headwinds are hurting the consumer markets which is transferring through the entire supply chain
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index continued to lose ground
- DRAM fell
- NAND fell
- MPUs slid
- Utilization rates are falling across the board
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.