TechInsights Inc. and its affiliates (“TechInsights”, “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
- visit any websites or mobile sites offered by TechInsights, including without limitation techinsights.com, chipworks.com, or teardown.com, and including all subdomains thereof, present and future (the “Websites”);
- purchase, inquire about, or view reports and other items from the Websites, or other TechInsights services or libraries (collectively, the “Libraries”);
- contact us with questions or comments via an online portal, telephone or otherwise (“Portals”);
- post information, material, or commentary to our Websites, our Portals, or other publicly accessible online sites (the “Uploads”) and
- are or have registered with us to receive information, including marketing information, newsletters, or any other information, on the Websites, or with a TechInsights’ representative by email, at an event, web seminar, telephone or other in-person meeting (the “Registrations”).
To make this policy easier to read, we call the Website, the Libraries, the Portals, the Uploads, and the Registrations together, the "Services". When we talk about “Personal Information”, we mean information relating to you or other identifiable individuals, and which may include but is not limited to your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, business facsimile number, and credit card information. Personal Information, however, does not include certain business contact information used for the purpose of communicating or facilitating communication with you, as an individual, in relation to your employment, business or profession although we recognise that within Europe and in connection with data protection legislation there, particularly the General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (“GDPR”) such data would count as ‘Personal Data’ and therefore references in this policy to Personal Information would include this wider definition.
For the purposes of the GDPR the ‘Data Controller’ is:
Personal Information Collected by TechInsights
We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means (for example, when you purchase a report on our web site; register to receive general information or marketing information such as our newsletter or product information; or attend an event or web seminar). We may collect Personal Information from you directly and/or from third parties, where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Personal Information that we collect may include:
- your full name, username, email address, and other contact details
- the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices
- your IP Address and, when applicable, timestamp related to your consent and confirmation of consent
- other information submitted by you or your organizational representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, surveys, in-person meetings, etc.)
- your billing address and any necessary other information to complete any financial transaction, and when making purchases through the Services, we may also collect your credit card or PayPal information
- content generated by you and communicated to us via the Services (such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications exchanged on the Services)
- information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our Services
We generally obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose. You may provide your consent to us either orally, electronically or in writing. In some cases, your consent may be implied based on our existing business relationship or when your conduct provides a reasonable basis for a belief that consent has been given.
Purposes and Uses of Personal Information
We will generally identify the purposes for which we use your Personal Information at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use. We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- to register you for, and facilitate your participation in, certain areas of the Websites;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to process product orders, to deliver products and to satisfy on-going service requirements;
- to respond to product or service complaints, product claims or product information requests;
- to collect your Personal Information in aggregate form to develop consumer profiles, perform sales analysis and identify marketing opportunities and strategies;
- to advise you about new products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to collect opinions and comments in regard to TechInsights’ operations;
- to enrol you in TechInsights’ contests or promotional programs;
- to include you on TechInsights’ mailing list(s) and/or to send you newsletters, marketing information, or other information relating to TechInsights’ products and services;
- to recruit for positions at TechInsights and to process your application for employment and resume;
- to administer our website;
- to investigate legal claims;
- such purposes for which TechInsights may obtain consent from time to time; and
- such other uses as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
To the extent that the GDPR applies, we have ensured that each of the above Purposes falls within one of the lawful basis of processing as required under Article 6 of the GDPR. Typically our lawful bases are either ‘consent’, ‘performance of a contract’ or ‘legitimate interest’. Areas of processing where we rely on a legitimate interest include dealing with complaints, administering our website (including ensuring its proper functional performance) and managing our potential and/or actual relationships with employees.
Disclosure of Information
We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers with whom we have a contractual agreement that includes appropriate privacy, confidentiality or security standards, where such third parties are assisting us with the Purposes – such as service providers that provide billing or payment support, telephone support, or data storage or processing.
Generally, we will only make disclosures of Personal Information to such persons for which you provide your consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may also make disclosures of Personal Information to a potential acquirer in connection with a transaction involving the sale of some or all of the business of TechInsights (in which case the use of your personal information by the new entity would continue to be limited by applicable law), or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- When you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information.
- Where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands.
- If we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person, or other exigent circumstances.
- If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally), or to otherwise protect our assets or rights.
- To a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies controlling, controlled by, or under common control with TechInsights.
- If information has been made public, is aggregated or is otherwise non-Personal Information or anonymized.
In addition, we may send Personal Information outside of the country for the Purposes, including for processing and storage by service providers in connection with such Purposes. However, you should note that to the extent that any Personal Information is out of the country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country. For Personal Information that is governed by the GDPR, we do not transfer such data to any country where the protections in place in those countries is deemed inadequate.
Safeguards, Accuracy, and Compliance
We have implemented reasonable physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only TechInsights representatives who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information. No transmission over the Internet or electronic storage can be guaranteed completely. As a result, while we strive to protect personal information we make no warranty or guarantee. You can help protect the security of your personal information. TechInsights requires as a condition of the use of the Services that you keep your passwords secure and do not share the use of your account with other individuals. Should we become aware of a breach of our security involving your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in a timely manner and shall comply with all other legal requirements.
We will keep the Personal Information that we collect at the TechInsights offices or at the offices of our third party service providers, as applicable and as permitted. We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments, in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
If you make a written request to review any Personal Information about you that we have collected, utilized or disclosed, we will provide you with any such Personal Information to the extent required by law. We assume that your Personal Information provided by you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. While we will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary, you may request access to your information at any time and notify us if you discover that the information is not correct. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information, when required.
At any time, you can challenge the accuracy or completeness of your Personal Information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your Personal Information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the Personal Information as required. We will not charge any costs for you to access your Personal Information in our records or to access our privacy practices without first providing you with an estimate of the approximate costs, if any. We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to your Personal Information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose. You may also seek to have details deleted from our system, to the extent such right is provided under the GDPR.
You may opt out of marketing communications sent by TechInsights by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email or by contacting us via email.
Our services are directed to technology professionals and not intended for children 13 or under.
Our server logs collect information about visits and system capabilities as you access and use the Services. We do not routinely associate such data with your profile except for investigative purposes as specifically described below. You may disable or block any cookies (and so, any associated web beacons) by using the tools available in most browsers.
If you are registering for our websites, you may choose whether to activate automatic recognition of your computer based on the placement of a persistent cookie that identifies your computer. If you choose not to accept that persistent cookie, or to delete it at any time, you may be asked to re-enter your log on credentials each time you access the website and or other information affecting your use of the Websites, for example, language and location.
Contacting TechInsights’ Privacy Officer
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information, this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, should be forwarded to our Privacy Officer as follows.
1891 Robertson Rd. Suite 500