All eyes are focused on 2023
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment resumed its decline, slipping 1.1 points in the first week of June
- Despite the pullback, order activity remains robust and is pointing to continued expansion ahead
- With the backlogs hovering at all-time highs and bookings stretching into 2023, the equipment market has plenty of runway left
- The semiconductor market is also flying high but it’s beginning to encounter some air pockets, especially in the Memory market where bit shipments are slowing
- Memory pricing has been holding up so far mainly because chipmakers and electronics OEMs continue to build inventory
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index continued to trend lower, but at a slower rate
- DRAM declined
- NAND declined
- MPUs declined
- Inventories remain elevated
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.