All eyes are focused on 2023
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment resumed its decline, slipping 1.1 points in the first week of June
- Despite the pullback, order activity remains robust and is pointing to continued expansion ahead
- With the backlogs hovering at all-time highs and bookings stretching into 2023, the equipment market has plenty of runway left
- The semiconductor market is also flying high but it’s beginning to encounter some air pockets, especially in the Memory market where bit shipments are slowing
- Memory pricing has been holding up so far mainly because chipmakers and electronics OEMs continue to build inventory
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index continued to trend lower, but at a slower rate
- DRAM declined
- NAND declined
- MPUs declined
- Inventories remain elevated
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
The authoritative information platform to the semiconductor industry.
Discover why TechInsights stands as the semiconductor industry's most trusted source for actionable, in-depth intelligence.