Recognizing the Best Chips and Technology of the Past Year
OTTAWA, ON, January 24, 2022 - To recognize the top semiconductor offerings of the year, The Linley Group (powered by TechInsights) presents its 2021 Analysts’ Choice Awards. These awards span several categories:
- Best Data-Center Processor
- Best PC Processor
- Best Processor IP (intellectual property) Cores
- Best Mobile Processor
- Best Embedded Processor
- Best Related Technology
How do we select the winners?
To choose each winner, The Linley Group’s team of technology analysts gathered to discuss the merits of the top offerings that entered production (or, in the case of IP, production RTL) in 2021.
This guideline eliminates “paper” products and allows us to evaluate delivered capabilities, not promises. Our analyst team is deeply familiar with all the leading products, having written about them over the past year. We selected the winners on the basis of their performance, power, features, and cost in the context of their target applications and competition at the time of their release.
Analysts’ Choice Winners for 2021
- Best Data-Center Processor - AMD’s Milan
- Best PC Processor - Intel’s Alder Lake
- Best Processor IP - Imagination’s CXT RT3
- Best Mobile Processor - Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
- Best Embedded Processor - Nvidia’s Orin
- Best New Technology - IBM’s low-precision AI research
Subscribers to Microprocessor Report can access our commentary on the winning devices and what sets them apart as well as the other nominees in each category.
Contact email@example.com with any questions, or to learn more about our semiconductor market and technology analysis.