There's still plenty of light but it's cooling and clouds loom...
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment tumbled five points in the last week of June as chipmakers continued to grow increasingly cautious about their near-term prospects
- The macroeconomic environment has deteriorated over the last few months as Central Banks tighten the money supply to reign in surging inflation
- Consumer electronics demand in particular has been falling considerably due to high inflation, which is eroding consumers’ purchasing power
- The memory market is finally entering into an inventory correction phase, which will weigh on ASPs and sales in the coming quarters
- As a result, much of the capex will be technology-upgrades related rather than capacity-expansion related
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index continued to lose ground at a rapid rate
- DRAM fell
- NAND tumbled
- MPUs fell
- Inventories are building up
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.