The outlook is gloomy as we head into 2023
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment continued to decline, falling to 52 degrees
- The November data from the Taiwanese manufacturers was mixed
- TSMC continues to increase sales to record levels; this will likely worsen the excess inventories in the supply chain
- Subcon sales have decelerated significantly in November with sales down 6% from the previous month
- Turning to memory, Nanya sales were flat from the previous month, however they were down a massive 62% from November 2021
- On the Fabless side, MediaTek continues to slow, down 20% on yearly basis
- There were some changes to the forecast in November. IC sales and units for 2022 were lowered to 4% as the last quarter is coming in slightly lower than anticipated
- Electronics and Equipment forecasts for 2022 and 2023 remain unchanged
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index extended its decline
- DRAM fell
- NAND flat
- MPUs flat
- Production is turning lower
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.