The fog has rolled in..
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment extended its decline, slipping to 63 degrees
- All segments trended lower with Memory getting hit the hardest, falling to a new low for the year
- Memory fundamentals continue to deteriorate
- Equipment suppliers are reporting strong earnings for 3Q22 but visibility is limited due to the ongoing macroeconomic and geopolitical concerns
- Chipmakers are getting hit hard in 3Q22 due to end demand being uncharacteristically low at this time of year, consumers are reining in spending due to macroeconomic concerns and this is hitting the chipmakers harder than they anticipated
- On the bright side, auto and HPC demand remains high and could offset some of the downward pressure the chipmakers are feeling
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index continued to trend lower
- DRAM fell
- NAND fell
- MPUs grew
- Equipment orders have been decreasing
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7