Energy Taiwan 2022 Opens Tomorrow to Spotlight Green Energy Innovations and Region’s Drive Toward Net-Zero Emissions
TAIPEI, Taiwan — October 18, 2022 — Energy Taiwan, Taiwan's largest green energy exhibition, opens tomorrow at the Nangang Exhibition Center (TaiNEX 1) in Taipei as renewable energy technology leaders gather to share the latest trends and developments across Taiwan’s energy supply chain. Organized by SEMI and the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), the 3-day event connects domestic and foreign energy companies to explore new innovations and business opportunities.
“SEMI looks forward to hosting discussions at Energy Taiwan on green energy policies and cross-sector technology development that will help move Taiwan toward net-zero emissions,” said Terry Tsao, Global Chief Marketing Officer of SEMI and President of SEMI Taiwan. “Taiwan’s energy industry can only reach its full potential through the collaboration of industry, government and academia. The SEMI Sustainability Advisory Council and the SEMI Energy Group are key facilitators of these discussions.”
The Sustainability Advisory Council consists of more than 35 semiconductor ecosystem companies that are collaborating to organize a net zero strategy to advance decarbonization across the industry.
With 1,000 booths and an expected attendance of more than 10,000 – the largest Energy Taiwan ever – the event will feature five exhibition areas focused on key sectors of Taiwan’s energy industry.
Energy Taiwan Exhibitions
- PV Taiwan: Global photovoltaic (PV) manufacturers, supply chain vendors and suppliers such as Motech, TSEC, United Renewable Energy, Win Win Precision Technology and Ysolar will showcase the latest PV manufacturing equipment and materials, systems and components, cells and modules, testing and verification services, and related applications. Taiwan’s largest solar photovoltaic show, PV Taiwan is celebrating its 15th anniversary.
- Wind Energy Taiwan: Leading global wind energy developers and local supply chain players will highlight wind energy equipment raw materials, components, subsystems, maritime engineering, offshore wind foundations, system accessories, wind turbine systems, modules and cargo carriers, and talent development services. Participating companies include CI Wind Power Development, Fortune Electric, Northland Power, Hitachi Energy Taiwan, J&V Energy Technology, Ørsted Taiwan, Swancor Renewable Energy and WPD Taiwan Energy.
- Smart Storage Taiwan: The latest energy storage technologies for smart grids, smart meters, electric vehicles, and energy management systems will be displayed by companies including Billion Watts Technologies, Eco Energy, ETI CA Battery, Land San Electric, Leader Energy Storage Technology, Pihsiang Energy Technology, Power Electronics, Sysgration, Voltronic Power Technology, and Yu Chen System Technology.
- New – Emerging Power Taiwan: Hydrogen power and small hydropower as well as tidal, geothermal and biomass energy are critical to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. The British Office Taipei, Taiwan Institute of Economic Research, and Taiwan SHP Industries Alliance will showcase hydrogen power production equipment and materials, storage and delivery systems, and fuel cells.
- New – Net-Zero Taiwan: A wide range of solutions and services for carbon capture and storage, green power certification, carbon reduction, energy savings, and green finance will be showcased by exhibitors including Bank Sinopac, Delta Electronics, HD Renewable Energy, Taiwan Power Company, Taiwan Carbon Asset, Underwriters Laboratories Taiwan, and Vecow.
About SEMI Energy Group
Established by SEMI in 2008, the SEMI Energy Group supports a comprehensive renewable energy ecosystem that encompasses three major green energy supply chains: solar energy; wind power generation; and smart energy storage and power grids. In recent years, the scope of the SEMI Energy Group has expanded to include hydrogen energy, fuel cells, and green finance. The SEMI Energy Group’s energy industry committee facilitates communications among industry, government, and academia on green energy policy and technologies to achieve net-zero and sustainable development goals.
SEMI® connects more than 2,500 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA), the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) and SOI Consortium are SEMI Strategic Technology Communities. Visit www.semi.org, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn more.
Monica Hung/SEMI Taiwan
Phone: 03.560.1777 ext.209
Michael Hall/SEMI US
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.