ASML provides updated view on demand outlook, capacity plans and business model at Investor Day meeting
New share buyback program announced
VELDHOVEN, the Netherlands, November 10, 2022 - At the Investor Day meeting tomorrow, November 11, ASML Holding N.V. (ASML) will update its investors and key stakeholders at its headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands as well as online, about its updated view on demand outlook. President & CEO Peter Wennink and Executive Vice President & CFO Roger Dassen will discuss ASML's long-term strategy, megatrends, demand, capacity plans and business model to support the company’s future growth.
Updated scenarios with opportunities to support ASML's future growth
- While the current macro environment creates near-term uncertainties, we see longer-term wafer demand and capacity showing healthy growth.
- Expanding application space and industry innovation are expected to continue to fuel growth across semiconductor markets.
- Strong growth rates across markets, continued innovation, more foundry competition and technological sovereignty drive an increased demand at advanced and mature nodes, which is expected to require wafer capacity additions.
- We plan to adjust our capacity to meet future demand, preparing for cyclicality while sharing risks and rewards fairly with all stakeholders.
- We plan to increase our annual capacity to 90 EUV and 600 DUV systems (2025-2026), while also ramping High-NA EUV capacity to 20 systems (2027-2028).
- Our continued investments in technology leadership have created significant shareholder value. Growth in semiconductor end markets and increasing lithography intensity on future nodes fuel demand for our products and services.
- These new developments and plans have resulted in updated scenarios for our future growth, compared to the previous Investor Day in September 2021.
- Based on different market scenarios, we expect a substantial growth opportunity to achieve the following:
- 2025: annual revenue between approximately €30 billion and €40 billion with a gross margin between approximately 54% and 56%
- 2030: annual revenue between approximately €44 billion and €60 billion with a gross margin between approximately 56% and 60%
New share buyback program
We expect to continue to return significant amounts of cash to our shareholders through a combination of growing dividends and share buybacks. ASML announces a new share buyback program, effective November 11, 2022 and to be executed by December 31, 2025. We intend to repurchase shares up to an amount of €12.0 billion, of which we expect a total of up to 2 million shares will be used to cover employee share plans. We intend to cancel the remainder of the shares repurchased.
The share buyback program will be executed within the limitations of the existing authority granted by the AGM on April 29, 2022 and of the authority to be granted by future AGMs. The share buyback program may be suspended, modified or discontinued at any time. All transactions under this program will be published on ASML's website (www.asml.com/investors) on a weekly basis.
Webcast and presentations
The Investor Day program on November 11 runs from 13:30 to 16:30 CET. The link to the live webcast can be found on our website (no pre-registration required). The presentations and a recording will be made available afterwards on asml.com.
Media Relations contacts
Monique Mols +31 6 5284 4418
Ryan Young +1 480 205 8659
Karen Lo +886 939788635
Investor Relations contacts
Skip Miller +1 480 235 0934
Marcel Kemp +31 40 268 6494
Peter Cheang +886 3 659 6771
ASML is a leading supplier to the semiconductor industry. The company provides chipmakers with hardware, software and services to mass produce the patterns of integrated circuits (microchips). Together with its partners, ASML drives the advancement of more affordable, more powerful, more energy-efficient microchips. ASML enables groundbreaking technology to solve some of humanity's toughest challenges, such as in healthcare, energy use and conservation, mobility and agriculture. ASML is a multinational company headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, with offices across Europe, the US and Asia. Every day, ASML’s more than 37,500 employees (FTE) challenge the status quo and push technology to new limits. ASML is traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML. Discover ASML – our products, technology and career opportunities – at www.asml.com.
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.