SEMICON Japan 2022 to Spotlight Innovations Driving Semiconductor Industry Growth
TOKYO – October 11, 2022 – With Japan accounting for more than 30% of semiconductor manufacturing equipment and materials sales worldwide, the stage is set for SEMICON Japan 2022 as Japanese and international companies from across the microelectronics manufacturing supply chain gather December 14-16 at Tokyo Big Sight for insights into the latest technology innovations, developments and trends. Industry experts and visionaries will discuss pressing semiconductor industry topics including smart sensing, mobility, flexible hybrid electronics, advanced packaging and materials, and quantum computing. Registration is open.
The new Advanced Packaging and Chiplet Summit (APCS) at SEMICON Japan will bring together industry leaders including AMD, ASE Group, Intel and NTT to discuss packaging innovations that are enabling more compact devices with lower power requirements, higher speeds and greater reliability – key in segments such as artificial intelligence (AI), 5G, and automotive. The Summit will also feature an exhibition and networking event.
SEMICON Japan 2022 Program Highlights
- FLEX Japan 2022 Conference – Experts from Elephantech, Meltin MMI, PI-CRYSTAL, PGV and Shiftall will discuss innovations that are driving new flexible hybrid electronics applications and market growth.
- SEMI Technology Symposium (STS) – Industry leaders and front-line engineers will explore the latest advances across key technology areas including smart sensing, testing, packaging, materials, power and lithography.
- Frontline of Quantum Computing Development – Quantum computing promises to drive electronics industry advances in areas such as materials development, product design and smarter manufacturing. Experts from Fujitsu and RIKEN will explore quantum computing trends and business opportunities.
- Next-Gen Mobility Forum – Representatives from the Ministry of Economic Trade and Industry and Japan Airlines will discuss the latest initiatives and trends in air mobility.
- SEMI Market Forum – The forum will feature the latest SEMI semiconductor manufacturing equipment and materials market forecasts, including updates on capital investments and production capacity in front-end fabs, as well as an electronics market outlook by market analyst firm Omdia.
SEMICON Japan 2022 Sponsors
- Platinum: Disco Corporation, Hightec Systems Corporation, Hitachi High-Tech Corporation, Screen Semiconductor Solutions Co., Ltd., and Tokyo Electron Limited
- Gold: Advantest, Applied Materials, Ebara, JSR, Kokusai Electric, Lam Research, Nikon, and Tokyo Seimitsu
Learn more at a href="https://www.semiconjapan.org/en" style="color:#3D7CC9;font-weight: 600;text-decoration: underline;" target="_blank">SEMICON Japan 2022.
SEMI® connects more than 2,500 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA), the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) and SOI Consortium are SEMI Strategic Technology Communities. Visit www.semi.org, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn more.
Hiroki Yomogita/SEMI Japan