Roads are icy as fog clouds visibility
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment held at a chilly 50 degrees.
- All segments remained the same from last week, with the exception of Memory which continued to lose ground
- Memory continues at freezing levels as Chipmakers continue to digest the capacity binge from the last couple of years
- December data for UMC came in 3% higher than a year ago which is much lower than last month’s 15% Y/Y growth
- Nanya had an even worse December, which isn’t surprising given the Memory recession
- Nanya was down a massive 65% Y/Y
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index increased for the first time in over ten months
- DRAM jumped
- NAND slipped
- MPUs fell
- Utilization is being cut across the board
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.