Roads are icy as fog clouds visibility
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment held at a chilly 50 degrees.
- All segments remained the same from last week, with the exception of Memory which continued to lose ground
- Memory continues at freezing levels as Chipmakers continue to digest the capacity binge from the last couple of years
- December data for UMC came in 3% higher than a year ago which is much lower than last month’s 15% Y/Y growth
- Nanya had an even worse December, which isn’t surprising given the Memory recession
- Nanya was down a massive 65% Y/Y
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index increased for the first time in over ten months
- DRAM jumped
- NAND slipped
- MPUs fell
- Utilization is being cut across the board
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
The authoritative information platform to the semiconductor industry.
Discover why TechInsights stands as the semiconductor industry's most trusted source for actionable, in-depth intelligence.