Order Activity Stayed Hot Amid Supply Chain Woes
The Chip Insider®
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment held steady at a sizzling 115 degrees
- Even though the visibility and demand for equipment suppliers is the best it's ever been, persisting shortages and supply chain constraints are having a considerable impact on revenues in both 4Q21 and 1Q22
- The equipment spending profile will likely become more second-half loaded
- The fear of shortages and supply bottlenecks is pushing customers to continue building inventory
- For many customers, the risks of holding too much inventory have much fewer ramifications than not having enough
- VLSI's Chip Price Performance Index rose
- DRAM rose
- NAND flat
- MPUs flat
- Inventories remain at elevated levels
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
The authoritative information platform to the semiconductor industry.
Discover why TechInsights stands as the semiconductor industry's most trusted source for actionable, in-depth intelligence.