It's cold and gloomy
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment continued to decline, falling to 56 degrees
- The decline accelerated last week with all segments losing 2 or more degrees
- Major chipmakers are cutting utilization, particularly at the leading-edge, as end demand continues to shrink
- Memory is at a chilly 36 degrees and isn’t showing any signs of improvement
- SOC Compute fell 5 degrees, marking the largest decline this week
- Demand has stalled, resulting in less order activity
- Macroeconomic headwinds continue to hurt consumer markets
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index extended its decline
- DRAM fell
- NAND slipped
- MPUs slipped
- Utilization is falling across all wafer sizes
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.