It's cold and gloomy
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment continued to decline, falling to 56 degrees
- The decline accelerated last week with all segments losing 2 or more degrees
- Major chipmakers are cutting utilization, particularly at the leading-edge, as end demand continues to shrink
- Memory is at a chilly 36 degrees and isn’t showing any signs of improvement
- SOC Compute fell 5 degrees, marking the largest decline this week
- Demand has stalled, resulting in less order activity
- Macroeconomic headwinds continue to hurt consumer markets
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index extended its decline
- DRAM fell
- NAND slipped
- MPUs slipped
- Utilization is falling across all wafer sizes
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
The authoritative information platform to the semiconductor industry.
Discover why TechInsights stands as the semiconductor industry's most trusted source for actionable, in-depth intelligence.