The Capex Race Rages On
The Chip Insider®
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment continued to heat up with no signs of slowing down any time soon
- Temperatures hit a fresh new high of 115 degrees last week as chipmakers continued to announce big spending numbers
- Intel announced plans for an initial spend of >$20 billion in the construction of two new leading-edge fabs in New Albany, Ohio
- There are over $120B in new fab investments activities for the next couple of years
- Most of these investment plans are in the Advanced Logic and Foundry segments where spending has nearly tripled since 2018
- VLSI's Chip Price Performance eked out a slight gain
- DRAM rose
- NAND flat
- MPUs flat
- Utilization rates remain high across the board
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
The authoritative information platform to the semiconductor industry.
Discover why TechInsights stands as the semiconductor industry's most trusted source for actionable, in-depth intelligence.