Get the most accurate and insightful technology intelligence in the world
Our subscription-based service gives you 24/7 online access to channel specific reports, images, supply chain relationships, and more, revealing the inner workings and secrets of innovative technologies, form factors, and feature sets.
Using the most advanced reverse-engineering and technical analysis capabilities in the world our data provides:
- Deep insights into design win information
- Details on how the product is built
- Innovative design features and supply chain relationships
- In-depth cost estimate of the bill of materials (BOM) included
Using a high-speed search engine, you have access to our latest teardown data. View or download images and reports; compare products and determine the relationships between components and devices. With TechInsights' Teardown subscriptions, you’ll always be on top of our latest teardown data.
Available Teardown Subscriptions
Based on our advanced technical analysis and costing methodology, our channel reports are a costeffective option for getting regular, timely insights on devices in the following channels: Mobile devices, wearables, SSDs, notebooks & tablets, IoT home, emerging technologies and Compontent Price Landscape.
Our mobile channel includes smartphones, tablets and phablets. Our device selection is based on point of sale (POS) data and covers a variety of geographical centres.
- Sample manufacturers include: Apple, HTC, Huawei, Samsung, Xiaomi, Lenovo, LG, Sony, Nokia, Oppo, Vivo
- Projected number of teardowns: 190 reports annually
Our wearables channel covers personal health and fitness wearable systems, smartwatches, virtual reality (VR) headsets, hearables, and action cameras.
- Sample manufacturers include: FitBit, Garmin, Samsung, LG, Apple, Huawei, Sony, Xiaomi
- Projected number of teardowns: 50 reports annually
Our automotive LiDAR teardown subscription gives an in-depth analysis of LiDAR perception sensors; critical technologies for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and self-driving cars.
Our SSDs channel will represent a sampling of industry leaders in the SSD space, ranging from enterprise to consumer. Uncover the driving forces behind density increases and cost reductions.
- Sample manufacturers include: Samsung, Micron, Intel, SK hynix, SanDisk, Toshiba
- Projected number of teardowns: 25 reports annually
Notebooks & Tablets
Our notebook & tablets channel provides teardowns of the highest volume devices worldwide in the notebook and tablet spaces. Device selection will offer insight into multiple segments including tablets, laptops, ultra-books and 2-in-1 detachable hybrids.
- Sample manufacturers include: Microsoft, Apple, Lenovo, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Xiaomi
- Projected number of teardowns: 17 reports annually
Teardowns will provide analyses on an assortment of products ranging from operator deployed Set-Top-Boxes and OEM media streaming devices to smart speakers, wifi routers, and surveillance cameras. Get insights on costing trends and design techniques across the smart home ecosystem.
- Sample manufacturers include: Amazon, Google, Roku, Apple, Samsung, Sony
- Projected number of teardowns: 26 reports annually
Our Emerging Technologies channel covers a broad area of electronics including devices ranging from gaming consoles to automotive modules. This channel is about unveiling innovations in areas that are not currently represented by our more specialized channels.
- Sample manufacturers include: Sony, Microsoft, Samsung, DJI
- Projected number of teardowns: 12 reports annually
Component Price Landscape
The Component Price Landscape (CPL) is a quarterly service that uniquely provides manufacturer part number(MPN)-level benchmark and forecast pricing and leadtimes for 42,000+ MPNs, representing over 404,000+ form, fit, or function MPNs. The MPNs in CPL are high-volume, multi-sourced components used in a wide variety of electronic devices.
What Teardown can do for...
Define your next great product – the features it needs, and the budget it will require – including comparison data from competing products
Assess market wins, the most competitive components out there, and emerging technology trends to help you plan your roadmap
Select the components that best meet your requirements, including performance, costing and competitive analyses
Ensure you are paying the best price for components based on function, vendor, cost category, and cost drivers
Costing & Design Win Database
Our costing and design wins database allows you to quickly search, filter, select, and compare over 30 years’ worth of compiled IC costing and design wins data.
Search products, IC’s, and modules. Access the IC Metrics feature, which provides a graphical representation of IC specifications, component relationships, and costs