Visibility is low as the storm intensifies
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment held at a chilly 50 degrees
- The decline has moderated over the last few weeks with most segments remaining unchanged
- The December data from the Taiwanese manufacturers was negative across the board sequentially, with the exception of MediaTek which increased 7%
- However, MediaTek was down 16% YoY
- TSMC was down on a monthly basis, though they have not had a negative YoY month since May 2019
- The decline for Subcons accelerated in December, declining 12% MoM and 10% YoY
- Looking at Memory, Nanya declined 13% from the previous month and down a whopping 65% YoY
- TechInsights’ CPPI continued to lose ground, slipping 0.6 points in the second week of January
- DRAM fell
- NAND flat
- MPUs flat
- Production cuts are happening in order to digest the inventory build-up
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
The authoritative information platform to the semiconductor industry.
Discover why TechInsights stands as the semiconductor industry's most trusted source for actionable, in-depth intelligence.