It's Hot but Supply Constraints Are Holding Up Growth
The Chip Insider®
Semiconductor Equipment Weather Report
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment slipped to 113 degrees
- All segments held their ground at record levels, except for Memory where order activity fell for the third straight week
- Memory market is still growing but it's been under a bit of pressure this year and has not performed as strongly as the rest of the market
- The supply chain constraints remain an ongoing issue for equipment suppliers and will likely impact revenue timing in the short term
- However, they appear to be transitory in nature and will not have a meaningful impact for the entire year
- There were no notable changes to the forecasts in March as the data came in line with our expectations
- Semiconductor inventories trended higher as companies continued to increase their inventory buffer due to rising geopolitical tensions
- More macroeconomics risks loom
- TechInsights' Chip Price Performance Index slipped again
- DRAM fell
- NAND flat
- MPUs flat
- Inventories are rising
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.