All eyes are focused on 2023
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment continued to cool off, dropping by half a point to 83 degrees
- SOC Mobile, SOC Compute, and DAO are keeping the overall order activity in positive territory
- More than offsetting the weakness in Memory, SOC Consumer, and Subcon/Adv. Packaging
- Within the equipment market there is bifurcation between WFE and the Back-end
- WFE continues to grow despite weaker consumer demand
- On the other hand, Test & Assembly are feeling the impact of a weaker demand backdrop with sales expected to decline meaningfully in the second half of the year
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index plunged
- DRAM declined
- NAND slipped
- MPUs fell
- Equipment orders are starting to turn down but remain at high levels
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
The authoritative information platform to the semiconductor industry.
Discover why TechInsights stands as the semiconductor industry's most trusted source for actionable, in-depth intelligence.