Get regular, succinct analysis of high-volume imaging and emerging applications
For leaders who want to base their product road maps on hard facts and understand what’s really going on under the hood of state-of-the-art imaging devices, TechInsights' Image Sensor subscription is the ideal solution.
This subscription-based service is the authoritative and most cost-effective source of reliable and accurate analysis of image sensors in high-volume and high-growth applications including:
Available image sensor competitive technical intelligence reports
TechInsights’ Image Sensor subscription product provides industry insight by monitoring technology as it enters mass production in high-volume imaging applications.
- 30 PDF reports (4-5 pages) and supporting images / year, and the analysis covers
- SEM bevel of the pixel array and SEM x-sections of the general pixel array and periphery structures
- Product/Module teardown images
- Design Win Tracking
- Noteworthy Patents Summary – 3 briefings / year
- Trend Analysis – 3 briefings / year
- Annual presentation
Device Essentials Plus
Requires a subscription to Device Essentials Channel
- Min. 10 PDF reports (~100+ pages) and supporting images, and include
- Deeper analysis including SCM, TEM, TEM-EDS, and SIMS
Process Flow Analysis (PFA)
- 6-8 PFA reports
- Focus on Imaging and Optical Sensing
- PFA targets chosen from DEP content catalog
- Full flow included for monolithic imagers and imaging/sensing portion and specialized flow for stacked chip sensors (ISP flow not included)
- Spreadsheet listing mask name/count, process description, recipe description, thickness/depth, process module, material, method, and tool
- 3-6 analysis reports (minimum 3 targets on competitors products) with:
- A focus on active pixels, column readout, ADC, row control, PLL, Bandgap
- Full hierarchical schematics of target blocks supported by planar mosaic SEM image set
Image Sensor sample analysis from TechInsights: 3D stacked, biometrics and more
3D stacked, biometrics, phase detection auto focus (PDAF), machine vision, and security are all different areas of innovation in the current image sensor market. As mobile phones are packing in more cameras, automobiles are adding an increasing array of image sensors, and IoT-connected devices are introducing more image sensor opportunities, market players are collaborating to develop new approaches in response to the increased demand for new technologies.
TechInsights Image Sensor subscription provides industry insight by monitoring technology as it enters mass production in high-volume imaging applications. Our example subscription content document provides a sampling of the types of analysis included, showcasing examples of innovations from Apple, Samsung, Sony, ON Semiconductor, SmartSens, Synaptics, and Goodix. It also includes a market overview, and a patent landscape of the top six companies in this space.
Our analysis is performed in-house in our world-class laboratories and interpreted and presented by industry-leading experts.
First to Report on Key Technology Trends
Technology Elements, Emerging Applications
Pyramidal surface diffraction structure
4-Part Blog Series: The State-of-the-Art of Smartphone Imagers
TechInsights had the privilege of opening this year’s IISW workshop with a talk on the state-of-the-art of smartphone imagers. Smartphone imaging represents the highest-volume imaging application, and in most cases features the leading-edge in imaging technology elements. The outline of the talk was structured in four parts:
(1) chip-stacking and chip-to-chip interconnect,
(2) pixel scaling and scaling enablers,
(3) active Si thickness and deep trench isolation (DTI) structures, and
(4) non-Bayer color filter arrays, and phase detection autofocus (PDAF).