UBM Techinsights’ Memory Detailed Structural Analysis (MDSA) report provides comprehensive analysis of the process technology, design rules, and memory cell configuration used to manufacture a particular memory IC. The analysis is based on SEM, TEM, EELS, EDS, X-ray, SRP techniques and comprises: device overview (package, die, die markings, bond pads, die corners, edge seal, fuses), and general process and memory cell analyses.
General Process Analysis delivers a characterization of die levels from substrate to passivation, including FEOL and BEOL with critical dimensions by SEM/TEM/SRP and materials identification by TEM EDS. Other analytical methods (e.g. SIMS, SCM) may be used, if necessary. Memory Cell Analysis includes layer-by-layer SEM topographical imaging of the memory cell array and pitch circuitry (sense amplifiers, wordline decoders) at different levels from substrate to metal 2.
SEM cross-sections of memory array in both bitline and wordline directions (and TEM cross-section in one of the directions) provide detailed information on memory cell, including critical dimensions of cell elements (transistor, contacts, capacitor, etc.) and material identification (pre-metal dielectrics, capacitor electrodes, silicide layers, capacitor dielectric, inter-metal dielectrics, etc.).
All key innovative features used for a particular device are highlighted in the Major Findings and Executive Summary sections of the report.
MDSA reports help managers, engineers and researchers to:
• increase market share by penetrating market faster with appropriate products;
• track key innovations used for a certain memory type (critical dimensions and design rules, new materials and modified structures, etc.);
• reduce the risk of investments in new processes and equipment;
• reduce process development expenditures;
• support informed decision making on where to invest and which technical resources to invest in; and
• support IP campaigns with valuable “Evidence of Use” information of various process features.
Other Structural / Process Reports
Other Samsung Reports
Search All Reports